Sunday, May 6, 2007

So you want to build web 2.0 website...how2why4.com

I have this problem. I have a compulsion to share cool things with others. Now, as it happens, the web feeds this compulsion. My compulsion since Christmas 2006 has been to create a successful website that incorporates wiki technology. Why wiki? In the spirit of Christmas, it's nice to share.

Over the holiday break, I deliberately set out to teach myself how to create, manage, and drive traffic to a useful website, and ultimately create a site of high value to its fans. It's not enough to create a website - people have to visit it.

Please share your comments with me as I describe my past and ongoing experiences in learning about websites, web 2.0, wikis, tikiwiki, blogs, webrings, php, mysql, cpanel, youtube, webstats, email systems, RSS, public licenses, podcasting, open source, and all such related things.

Why am I doing this? I used to teach programming, databases, educational technology, and GIS. I miss teaching and conversations with others on topics like this. Please help.

How can I help? Participate in building a new site with me! Let's build a site called how2why4.com. This will be a site to answer how to do something and why for (pardon the grammer) you would want to do it. It's already in progress, so check it out!

~ Gedan

No comments: